POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quicker render alternatives to povray : Re: quicker render alternatives to povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quicker render alternatives to povray
From: Rahul
Date: 16 Mar 2008 16:10:00
Message: <web.47dd8b8e72535d7259eba08c0@news.povray.org>
> If you do it in OpenGL, and you want speed, you need to bother with
> drawing only visible spheres, etc. yourself.

Exactly! That's the part I wanted to avoid. So to put it better: I was
interested if there was any command line tool that did hidden surface removal
etc. but not with the photo-realistic precision of povray (or ray tracers in
general)

I really don't need light-sources, shades, textures etc. in my intermediate
renders. Although I do have them in the final povray raytraced output which
looks great!

> Did you try +q2 on POV-Ray?

My current command line looks something like this.

"povray  +Irpn.pov +W600 +H600 Antialias=true +FP -GA +Oother_file"

I just add a +Q2 at the end? I tried but didn't seem to change much.

-Rahul